Affected Jobs

In the midst of these times, many people have had their jobs impacted. My job has been included int his. I realize my experiences aren't the same as many others. While my job is just to make a few extra dollars, it isn't my livelihood. I'm aware that many other people in not just the country, but the world, are at risk of losing everything they have. I work at a vet clinic. It's small, and a five minute walk from my house, just across the train tracks. I've been working there since November, after my seasonal job at Spirit Halloween ended. After this all started, I spent a few weeks working there. We had to be careful. I had to wear gloves, remember to wipe everything off with the abundance of wet wipes that had been stocked up in the attic, and we had to retrieve animals from people's cars as they waited outside. However, nobody expected things to get this bad. About three weeks in, my boss and I made an agreement. The business had been labeled essential workplace, so it would stay open. Even with this, we decided it would be best for me to stay home until this all ended. My dad at home is asthmatic, and at risk, while the clinic itself didn't want to risk infection by keeping on high school workers. I'm still lucky, though, because my job will still be here after things have calmed down, so I can't be too upset.

Comments

Popular Posts