My Neighborhood Right Now

My neighborhood is fairly barren right now. This isn't anything new or shocking to me. The people I live near are fairly secluded. When it comes to my neighbors, I'm only aware of half of their names, and even with the ones I know, I'm not fairly close to anyone. There are no kids my age living on my block, so I don't have any friends or deep personal connections with the people around me. The lack of activity outside doesn't feel any different from a typical day. If anything, I'm enjoying it more. Despite the fairly calm exterior, there's some days where children run around outside, making noise as they do. Although it's harmless in the end, it can be quite irritating sometimes. The break in the noise is welcome, but I'm afraid it may become eerie after some time.

Comments

Popular Posts