How I'm Spending My Time

Right now, my time at home has been rather boring. It's kind of ironic, honestly. Before this happened, I was feeling burnt out and wanted nothing more than a break, or some sort of excuse to work less in order to let myself get back on my feet. The first week or so was nice. I got the break I longed for, and I was generally feeling refreshed. However, what I didn't anticipate, was for this to go on as long as it has. Nobody really expected us to be in here for so long, and that includes me. Each day seems to pass with less and less productivity. I find myself getting tired and sluggish, rarely doing anything that doesn't involve my computer in some way. Of course, it's had some merits. I've been able to focus more on talking with my friends, even if it's through a screen, and work on art. The most I've done outside my house is go to the store or go for a walk outside for about a half am hour or so. Despite the state of the world, it surprises me when I see how many people are outside walking around. A part of me feels a bit frustrated by it, since we have all been told staying inside in the best bet, but then I take a second to realize they're probably in the same situation as I am. If I'm outside,  looking for a break after being cooped up all day, I have no right to be bothered by other people doing the same. I just hope this is over soon, because I'm running out of topics to talk about over call.

Comments

Popular Posts