View of Celebrities

I can't help but feel my view on certain celebrities decrease as days go on. We're all stuck together, and this should be a time of unity, but it's hard to hear celebrities say "we're in this together" and take it as genuine. While they may be trapped in their homes as we are, their homes are much nicer and they have much more to fall back on. In this pandemic, I know I'm fortunate. My dad is able to work from home, and my house is nice with a good neighborhood. However, I'm also aware that many people are struggling during this time. Celebrities lament about how we're all the same while there are people who are struggling to get by just feels tone deaf, and extremely disconnected from the situation at hand. While the intent is good, the way it comes off feels hollow and stale.

Comments

Popular Posts